The aim of this course is to equip participants with academic reading and writing skills, which is a minimum requirement for any academic course taken. It offers participants an opportunity to acquire the academic literacy skills needed in order to successfully pursue tertiary studies. The mastery of these skills will serve as a guide to all modules within the MDP.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
Your Lecturer for this online programme:
Arlys van Wyk
Professor Arlys van Wyk is Head of the Unit for Academic Literacy in the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
She has been working in the field of academic literacy and student access for the past 19 years. Her research focuses on academic literacy development and the language needs of English second-language students.
Still have a question? These may help
Questions about our Skills Programmes answered:
- Language Available
- 1 month
- Presentation Type
- Programme Type
- Category B
- Contact Days
- 5 - 7 learning hours per week, anytime, anywhere
- Grade 12 Qualification
- Training Options
- Distance Learning – Online
- Minimum Learners Required
- One (1) on Distance Learning - Online
- Who should attend
- Foundation Skills is intended for any individual who intends to pursue an academic qualification.
- NQF Level
- NQF 5
- 1 Credit
- Foundation Skills is credit bearing towards the MDP (Management Development Programme)